Can you believe how fast this school year is going? In Northwest Arkansas, most schools are going to be on spring break in just a couple weeks. Schools across Arkansas and even the United States will also find themselves on spring break soon, so I thought I’d remind you of a few cool places that your family can go to enjoy the vacation.
First, let’s talk about where to stay. March weather in Northwest Arkansas can be hard to predict, but I can assure you it won’t be warm enough to swim outdoors. No problem! Rogers has several hotels that feature at least one indoor pool. Our hotels are also near local attractions.
Now, let’s talk about things to do for spring break in Rogers. Remember how I mentioned that our weather can be a little unpredictable? It could be cold and rainy or warm and sunny. So, my list will include indoor and outdoor options.
- Fast Lane Entertainment has bowling, laser tag, great food, and lots of games. Check out their website for potential specials during your trip.
- War Eagle Mill is a scenic, historic spot that is hosting several events in March including the St. Patrick’s Day weekend celebration and an Easter-related celebration.
- High Rise Extreme Air Sports is the “Ultimate Trampoline Park and Extreme Air Sports Center.”
- Railyard Bike Park features bike trails and runs for all experience levels (call first to see if it’s open).
- Hobbs State Park has both indoor and outdoor adventures! They have a three-day camp coming up for ages 9-12 Wednesday, March 23 – Friday, March 25, for example.
- Rogers Historical Museum features fantastic, kid-friendly exhibits and sometimes they have special events that are fun for all ages!
- Rogers Public Library has events all week for all ages. Check out their schedule for your spring break week to find out fun and educational ideas for your kids.
- Bonus: The Arkansas Public Theatre will offer Other Desert Cities starting April 1, which is probably after most spring breaks end but it is worth coming to town just for that!
Don’t forget that Rogers has a wonderful assortment of shopping and eating out opportunities.